Nkangala Vision,Mission, Principles & Values
Vision of the Nkangala District Municipality
Improved quality of life through balanced, sustainable development and service excellence.
Mission of CouncilThe Nkangala District Municipality is committed to the improvement of the physical, socio-ecoriomic and institutional environment in order to address poverty and promote development.
We will achieve this by:
- Infrastructure development and service provision that meets priority needs of communities.
- Integrated development planning and proper co-ordination and integration of development initiatives in the district.
- Ensuring the fair and just allocation and distribution of resources within the district.
- Encouraging and supporting the effective performance and functioning of municipalities in the district.
- Enhancing the economic development and growth within the district
- Promoting a healthy and safe environment.
The Principles and Values of Council are re-confirmed as follows:
Flowing from the above, the following 7 Key Focus Areas have been identified:
- To be responsive to the needs of citizens and partner-local municipalities.
- To be transparent, accountable and participative in our dealings with each other and our partners.
- To cultivate a work ethic focused on performance, achievement and results.
- To promote and pursue key national, provincial and local development goals.
- To ensure a representative organisation.
- To be democratic in the pursuance of our objectives.
- To show mutual respect, trust and ensure high levels of co-operation and discipline in our dealing with one another.
- Infrastructure Development and Service Delivery.
- Local Economic Development
- IDP and PGDS
- Financial Viability
- Performance Management System
- Community Participation and Intergovernmental Relations
- IDP Implementation and Monitoring.